Monday 21 December 2015

A Ghost of Christmas Past

Over at the DeviantArt site, you can find a lot of spooky stuff. Here's a seasonal image from the artist Klaire de Lys, with a unique and - for me - compelling take on the first of the spirits that visit Ebeneezer Scrooge.



And here's another pose.



You may be wondering how this remarkable young artist has achieved the striking effect of a crown of melting candle wax without, y'know, pouring melted wax over herself. Well, there's a make-up tutorial at her website, here. Never let it be said that I don't keep up with all the trendy things. Dear me no.





Here are some more of her spooky make-up jobs. Visually, these are more original and interesting than 90 per cent of the things I see in horror films nowadays.









No comments:

ATARASHII GAKKO! - HANAKO (Official Music Video)

'Hanako of the Toilet' is a famous Japanese urban myth of a girl ghost that haunts... well, you can work it out for yourself.  (I th...