Monday 30 July 2012

Happy birthday, Tartarus Press

Tartarus Press was founded in 1990, so is now 22 years old. Over the years Ray and Rosalie Russell have established a  rock-solid reputation for publishing high-quality hardback books, many of them reprints of neglected classics. They've also introduced many new authors to the discerning reader, and I hope he's duly grateful. I know I am.

And here are some TP books I'm fortunate enough to own, starting with the oldest (all images from the TP Bibliography page):

Tales from Tartarus


WORMING THE HARPY
by Rhys Hughes


THE HILL OF DREAMS
by Arthur Machen



COLLECTED STORIES (2 vols)
Robert Aickman

 
Jean Lorrain - one of many authors I discovered via. TP



My hero!

One of many new writers I was proud to publish in ST

2 comments:

James Everington said...

Collected Aickman - so jealous!

valdemar said...

Think of it as a pension scheme.

ST 55 - Opening 5

The Invisible Boy Reggie Chamberlain-King They’re playing The Invisible Boy again. It’s obvious from their keen attention. They’re too quiet...