Tuesday 30 November 2010

The Hex

'Casting the Runes' must be MR James most influential ghost story. It's been adapted from almost any medium you'd care to mention. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a musical out there:

'These letters are quite runic
They're not Latin or Punic'

And who could forget the showstopping:

'I was shaking like a willow
When I felt that mouth under my pillow'

None of which is relevant top 'The Hex', a BBC radio play you can listen to at the excellent Zombie Astronaut site. It's conventional enough, but a well-paced and enjoyable adaptation. It would, I think, have made a good TV play.

No comments:

ATARASHII GAKKO! - HANAKO (Official Music Video)

'Hanako of the Toilet' is a famous Japanese urban myth of a girl ghost that haunts... well, you can work it out for yourself.  (I th...