Wednesday 7 April 2010

Situation Update

Still not getting any joy from my 'old' printer, but this is possibly down to the Easter break. I'll give 'em a nudge and a few more days. But I reckon it's 50/50 whether they get back to me. Printers - tchah!

I have now set up an account with Lulu, the print-on-demand site, top produce an 'alternative' version of ST17, should the need arise. This is the same booklet in terms of content, but has a radically different cover because I couldn't get my own amateurish effort to upload, so I had to improve. However, it still bears an excellent illustration by Stephen Clark.

As I say this is a Plan B stop-gap to be used if my old printer doesn't come through. I'm reluctant to go down the Lulu route because frankly I'm an old fart and suspicious of these techie-whizzy things. But the price they're quoting ain't bad and I think the cover looks okay. What do you think, gentle reader?

[cover thumbnail]

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice!

strantzas said...

I like it, but I'll warn that Lulu tends to muddy things a bit on print... especially if the file you used is low resolution.

Nathaniel Tapley said...

I'll be buying a copy either way...

valdemar said...

Thanks, chaps. Simon, I'll get myself a sample copy and proceed from there.

wmmvrrvrrmm said...

Fantastic cover illustration!

valdemar said...

Sample copy on way. If it is good enough I'll simply order from Lulu. It will mean a price hike, but not this year. Always give people some warning...

Supernatural Tales 55 is now available to order in print form

  New stories by Mark Falkin, Carole Tyrrell, Cliff McNish, Tom Johnstone, Reggie Chamberlain-King, and Timothy Granville Cover art by Sam D...